Both of these implementations require a thorough design review before being
committed IMO.  I'm willing to help with this but my time is limited so I
wouldn't expect it to be done very quickly.  I would ask you not to commit
anything until someone other than yourself or Erwan have had an opportunity to
review though.

Many thanks
Scott