On 01/17/2013 11:15 AM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
> Thanks to the voters, this vote has passed with the following results:
>
> [+1] 8
> [-1] 0
>
> The minimum (3) number of +1 votes from PMC members has been reached: 6
> positive votes from PMC members.
>
> I will proceed with the remaining steps required to release the package.

Sorry I missed this vote.  I would have voted +1 on both.

However, I do not like the current way of voting.  For one, it's not
secure.  Anyone can send an email as anyone else.  There is no
verification at all, no security.  At the least, we should look into
gpg signature requirements on all votes.

Next, it might be nice to use debian's voting system.  You can read
more about it at (1).  It uses the Condorcet Method(2) for determining
winners.

1: http://www.debian.org/vote
2: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condorcet_method