Hello Product Screen experts

There are questions i have regarding the values of attribute
SupplierPrefOrderId:

1) While from the name I would expect a free form text field to be filled,
it shows a drop down that allows to select "Main Supplier" or "Alt
Supplier".
So why is this a select element and not a text field?

2)I find the values on select field useful as well to describe the role of
the supplier for a specific product in more detail, however, that attribute
should rather be a SupplierSubRole or similar attribute, no?

Anyone with knowledge whether this is a mistake or has a deeper sense that
I do not catch, please elucidate me.

Thanks and kind regards

Carsten