We can put Ant parameters in a properties file.

I agree we should migrate Ant targets from lower level build.xml files to the main one.

Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software
http://www.sandglass-software.com

On 9/5/2013 12:00 AM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
Hi all,

in my opinion there is some mess in the Ant targets defined in the various
build.xml files of the project and I would like to discuss with you some ideas
to clean them up a little bit.
Some of the issues I see:
* the parameter memory.max.param is duplicated (with different values) in
OFBIZ_HOME/build.xml and OFBIZ_HOME/framework/build.xml
* there are several targets (e.g. the various clean-* targets) that are defined
in OFBIZ_HOME/framework/build.xml and are also declared in OFBIZ_HOME/build.xml
(the targets here just call the targets in the framework's build.xml)

I think that some complexity/redundancy was introduced in the attempt to have a
framework folder with an Ant build.xml file that was without dependencies;
however I think that we can have a framework only deployment even if we remove
most of the targets from OFBIZ_HOME/framework/build.xml.

The layout of a framework only deployment could be:

OFBIZ_HOME/build.xml (the targets to manage the runtime files etc... are
defined here)
OFBIZ_HOME/macro.xml
OFBIZ_HOME/runtime/*
OFBIZ_HOME/framework/component-load.xml
OFBIZ_HOME/framework/build.xml (with minimal set of targets; we could probably get rid of
this build.xml file completely, if we move the filelist "framework-builds" to
OFBIZ_HOME/build.xml)
OFBIZ_HOME/framework/* (components: each with its own build.xml file, as it is
now)

What do you think?