I think it's safe to move over to Java 7 without any changes.
I have run OFBiz locally - dev mode - for a long time using Java 7, until
recently where I moved back to Java 6 for other reasons.
What will be quite interesting is moving to Java 8, which IMO, we should
consider ASAP as it will be available. Then much more changes can be
envisionned...

Jacques