This is interesting, but I fear I will not have enough time to engage such an
effort, at least for the moment...

inline...

On Wednesday, February 05, 2014 1:39 PM, pierre.sm...@gmail.com wrote
> Jacques,
>
> The main aspect of testing is to ensure that the changes committed don't
> break the functionality, before it gets implemented in a nightly or release
> build.

Yes, this is what Buildbot ensures.

> I have - in a separate checkout - a complete working setup with IVY for all
> jars. Not just the main libs, but also in the components.

Would it make sense to share it, in relation with the recent Ivy Jira issues
you created?

> With a proper configuration of your build.xml and your CI you can
> inject/trigger any setup configuration to build for testing (against
> accepted jar-version, against latest sub release of jar-version, against
> latest release and against latest available) and based on that it can be
> decided what version to include in nightly and release builds before
> creating the zip files.

I have to think about it, all is automated for now.

> This would alleviate the need to commit manually the jars and update the
> dependent docs, and revert the commits when testing fails. Which, with over
> 200+ jars is a cumbersome feat. And which is best handled in a CI system.
> In the case of generating nightly and release builds you would just change
> the version/revision number of the jar in the configuration setting.

How would you update the related files (mostly .classpath and LICENSE)?

Jacques