----- "Paul Piper" <p...@ilscipio.com> wrote:

> I am not biased against HWM, but what I question is the objectivity
> that is
> currently used within this project. As an open source software, you
> would
> assume that this project is run by the community - as often claimed
> by
> anybody within the PMC. If you look at the current list of members and
> there
> personal relations, I would argue that there is at least a
> conflicting
> perspective:
>

> PMC Members with HWM background
> * Jacopo Cappellato (V.P. Technology - Hotwax Media)
> * Scott Gray (Developer - Hotwax Media)
> * Bilgin Ibryam (Former Hotwax Developer)
> * David E. Jones (Former CTO Hotwax Media)
> * Anil Patel (COO Hotwax Media)
> * Ashish Vijaywargiya (Vice President of Operations at HotWax Media)
> * Andrew Zeneski (former CIO Hotwax Media)
>
> ---
> Other PMC members
> * Adrian Crum
> * Hans Bakker
> * Jacques le Roux
> * Erwan de Ferrieres
> * Adam Heath
> * David Welton

I suppose the conspiracy at work here is the same flavor of conspiracy
that dominates the development of the GCC compiler or the Linux kernel.
One might look at these efforts and conclude that there is a conspiracy
on Red Hat's part to control these software systems. It is true that
Red Hat has conspired to create a vast organization with influence in
many corners of the globe, however, I believe that a more suitable label
for this "conspiracy" is "commercial success".

A protracted discussion about why the most visibly successful implementer
of the project's software holds "unfair" sway doesn't strike me as
productive. If you want to change that, go back to building your business
and hire more firepower than they have. All of us will benefit.

As David Jones readily demonstrates, if you have new ideas you can
always write new code. Moqui is a more powerful statement than anything you
can say on a conference call.

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO
e...@brainfood.com