Ron Wheeler wrote:
I am working my way through this in the hope that I will end up with a
working system.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBTECH/Apache+OFBiz+Technical+Production+Setup+Guide

I have found some information that is wrong or missing. I notice that
the page has not been changed since 2012.

1) It says that you need to have ant installed. That is not enough. You
also need to have ant-apache-regexp or you will get
"java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.tools.ant.util.regexp.Jdk14RegexpRegexp"
2) It says that you should run ant as "ant run-install" but when you do,
the script says that you should have actually run "ant load-demo".
[snip]

I saw a lot of the same errors trying to set up a demo installation on CentOS 6. All of them disappeared when I used the bundled ant instead of the system ant. OFBiz comes with ant 1.9.0, while CentOS 6 has 1.7.1.

The wiki page contradicts itself. You should follow the advice in item 2) of the "OFBiz Installation" section and build using "ant" in the ofbiz home directory. Do not follow item 3 of the "Tools Installation" section as there's no need for a system ant.

        Richard.