On 07/11/2014 02:41 AM, Pierre Smits wrote:
Rich,

Of course it depends on the requirements of the ASF, but of the top op my head I can imagine that the following applications/components could be useful for the ASF:

  * CRM, consisting of
      o SFA - registering the prospects, leads, accounts and contact
        the ASF want to be in business with
      o Marketing - communicating with organisations and persons
        through mailings

This is the part that we're looking for at this time. The other parts, I suppose, might follow in time. Right now we need a way to keep track of our Foundation sponsors, and who has been in touch with them, when, for what reason, and let us know when it's time to get in touch again. This sounds like CRM to me, but I readily, although somewhat embarrassedly, admit that I am almost completely ignorant of OFBiz.

  * CMS Site - webpages for dynamic and static content
  * SCM - registering the suppliers and their contacts (also
    contractors) whom the ASF gets products (marketing material and
    such) and services from
  * Catalog - base registry of goods and services delivered to
    customers and from suppliers
  * Warehousing - inventory mgt with respect to goods delivered and
    shipped (e.g. marketing materials)
  * Order Mgt - registering
      o Purchase Orders, with respect to materials and services
        required for events and such
      o Sales Orders, with respect to delivery of materials of goods,
        subscriptions on digital content, etc
      o Request
  * Project Control - for managing the events of the ASF, either
      o Project Mgt - in waterfall style (e.g. PMBOK or PRINCE based)
      o Scrum - for the more agile projects

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*