That sounds like a good idea to me. Do you envision a lot of OOTB changes or is
it mostly WorkEffort for now?

Jacques

Le 29/08/2014 15:02, Adrian Crum a écrit :
One feature I would like to see in the entity definition is an "Implements" attribute. The attribute contains an entity name, and it describes an entity that is to be extended as a NEW entity.

I suggested something like this back in 2004, and the motivation was similar to
the discussion here:

Sometimes all you need is a date range entity, but your only choice is
WorkEffort - with all of its baggage.

So, we could do something like this:

DateRange
---------
dateRangeId, id-ne*
fromDate, date-time
thruDate, date-time
estimatedFromDate, date-time
estimatedThruDate, date-time

WorkEffort (implements DateRange)
workEffortTypeId, id
currentStatusId, id
etc...

The WorkEffort entity definition would look something like this:

<entity entity-name="WorkEffort" implements="DateRange" ...>
  <field name="workEffortId" implements="dateRangeId" />
</entity>

What do you think?