Gavin,

Le 27/10/2014 11:18, Gavin Mabie a écrit :
Julien, Taher

You're both making good points.  I like the generic approach proposed by
Julien, but this could well be a longer term objective.  In fact starting
with Bootstrap does not necessarily imply that other frameworks will be
excluded. Also, inline with Adrian's comment, we should stay away from the
core framework as far as possible for now and focus on the MacroLibraries
as defined in widget.properties.  This is not to say that there will not be
any modifications to the framework - there might well be.
There is enough interest in Bootstrap to suggest that we start with it as a
way forward.
I agree, create a new clean design pattern was a suggestion. When I start bootstrap modifications, I don't think the team will grow as fast ! So for the first step we will focus on bootstrap and keep in mind about others frameworks. Modifications must be done once. I mean if we change something, take care to not do it specifically for bootstrap :)

1. I therefore agree with Taher that we create the following setup under
the images app to begin with.
I'm not sure that putting bootstrap in the framework is a good thing. Maybe it could be better to embedded bootstrap in the theme folder.
   I believe that this will be within the
frontendNewTheme branch alluded to by Jacques.

bootstrap/
├── css/
│   ├── bootstrap.css
│   ├── bootstrap.min.css
│   ├── bootstrap-theme.css
│   └── bootstrap-theme.min.css
├── js/
│   ├── bootstrap.js
│   └── bootstrap.min.js
└── fonts/
     ├── glyphicons-halflings-regular.eot
     ├── glyphicons-halflings-regular.svg
     ├── glyphicons-halflings-regular.ttf
     └── glyphicons-halflings-regular.woff

2. Create a new theme component as an Admin Template app - I suggest
that we clone Tomahawk. Maybe we can call it Vanilla Bootstrap.
I prefer "Bootstrap basic" but that doesn't mind :)

3. Add screens and widgets to the new app - much like the current
Example app.  This can be used as an admin template -See
http://demo.onokumus.com/metis/.

4. Like the Example app we can use the Admin Template app to demo
Ofbiz-Bootstrap.
I think it's a good idea, it could be very useful !

5.  The Admin Template app is used in the normal way, i.e, create jiras etc.
+1

Regards,

Julien.

If this approach is acceptable then someone with the appropriate
credentials can get the ball rolling by completing step 1.

Regards

Gavin

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 10:58 AM, Julien NICOLAS <julien.nico...@nomaka.fr>