+1 Sounds good to me

Jacques

Le 20/11/2014 10:44, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :
Hi all,

I would like to migrate the "business intelligence" component ("bi") from framework to
specialpurpose; in the process I would also like to migrate all the artifacts (dimension and fact entities
and star schemas, and reports) from all the applications to the "bi" component.
Then I would also like to set this component as "disabled" by default.
When I initially design and contributed this component I have placed it in the
framework to let application use some of its low level services to build their
own reports: however over time I noticed that the need to configure the olap
data model caused some confusion to users (especially the ones that do not use
this feature); moreover, the definition of dimensions, facts and schemas is
currently widespread over several components (whose boundaries don't match very
well with the domains for business intelligence) and this makes more difficult
to understand the bi data model. After the migration I am proposing here we
will have all the bi data model in one place (the bi component).