I agree that it would be worth of the effort to design a more transparent
solution for the retrieval of properties (from file system, database, memory).
However even if this is a big commit, its approach is rather conservative by
leveraging the existing tools in order to fix the system to work nicely in
multi tenant/multi configuration mode.
I consider it an intermediary step in the right direction. When we will have a
better mechanism to retrieve tenant specific configuration we should definitely
migrate this code to it, and I am sure that Ashish will offer his help to
convert the code modified in this commit.

Jacopo