Making sense Gavin. We should also dig in history in case we take any decision like this.
Best regards, Pranay Pandey HotWax Media http://www.hotwaxmedia.com > On Jan 21, 2015, at 7:03 PM, Gavin Mabie <[email protected]> wrote: > > I'm sure that there are a few of these cases - i.e. where entities are not > referenced in any Screen, Form and Service definition. I suspect that this > would be the case with especially view-entities which are used mainly in > summary/report type screens and less so in transactional screens. I just > did a quick search on the BenefitTypeAndParty view-entity and could not > find any reference to it in Screen, Form or Service definitions. Does this > qualify it for removal/deprecation? I don't think so. Just because it has > not being used does not necessarily translate into it not being useful. We > should approach deprecating entities with caution, particularly those which > related to core ERP functionalities. Long story short - I don't think its a > good idea to deprecate this entity or any other at this stage. Entity > deprecation should be done at a customization level and not at a Project > level. > > Gavin > > On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 2:28 PM, Pierre Smits (JIRA) <[email protected]> > wrote: > >> >> [ >> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-5994?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel >> ] >> >> Pierre Smits updated OFBIZ-5994: >> -------------------------------- >> Affects Version/s: Upcoming Branch >> >>> Have view-entity AgreementAndRole removed >>> ----------------------------------------- >>> >>> Key: OFBIZ-5994 >>> URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-5994 >>> Project: OFBiz >>> Issue Type: Improvement >>> Components: party >>> Affects Versions: Trunk, Upcoming Branch >>> Reporter: Pierre Smits >>> Assignee: Jacques Le Roux >>> Priority: Minor >>> Labels: agreement(s), role, roles >>> >>> The view-entity is not referenced in any Screen, Form and Service >> definition. Having this in the entity-model is superfluous. >> >> >> >> -- >> This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA >> (v6.3.4#6332) >>
