Nicolas,

Keeping the old file in doesn't exactly make sense. We use SVN to track
changes, and with issues registered in JIRA we can report in an easy manner
what kind of changes are effected in a release.

If we do this in a case-by-case (or per file) way, we make the change
visible. And it will surely come in play when people are considering
upgrading to a new major release.
Please keep in mind, this is an improvement. Thus not intended to go into
releases of current running release branches (12.x, 13,x). It could go in
r14.x, but that is not up to me.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*