On 04/24/2015 10:05 AM, Ron Wheeler wrote:
+1
Looks like Adam has the right approach.

Thanks.

However, I'm thinking of adding a few steps.  See below.

Ron
On 24/04/2015 10:36 AM, Adam Heath wrote:
+0.5 (see below, comment inline)

Yes, I agree. I even have a way forward, if you've been paying attention to the maven branch(OFBIZ-6271).

I have maven working with the *existing* layout in ofbiz. My plan for migration has been this:

* Get maven working with existing structure. Ie, maven can compile all the code, can create all the jars, basically, it can do everything that the build.xml files do. This is a little tricky, as the top-level build.xml contains several custom targets; I'll probably just use the antrun plugin for these.

* Add top-level properties in ofbiz-parent.pom, that define all the folders we might need to move; update ofbiz-component-pom.xml to use these variables.

* Add top-level properties in common.xml(and/or macros.xml), same as maven/pom.

* Switch each component one at a time, setting variables in the local pom.xml(s) with the new location. Each one of these should be a separate commit.

* Do this to each component's build.xml as well. This change should be part of the commit above.

* Announce(!)

* ??? Profit?

ps: The standard maven test hooks do *not* run coverage against code compiled by the test phase. Aka, there is no way to know if src/test/* is getting correct coverage. I think I can fix this, as we really should verify not only the baseline code, but the testing code, for correctness.