Hi All, Adrian,

Adrian I have looked at your ApacheCon 15 presentation, good it has been
advertised on the user ML!

One point, I read:

<<The Best Practice to follow is:
“When a screen is split up into multiple templates or screens thedata
preparation action should be associated only with the individualsmall screen
that it prepares data for. This makes it easier to move templates and content
pieces around and reuse them in many places. “

In other words, the data preparation logic should be contained within the
screen widget that renders it –including forms, menus, and trees.

But the tutorial found on the Wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Tutorial+-+A+Beginners+Development+Guide
does not follow this best practice –the data preparation is done in the screen
and not in the form that displays the data. Consequently, that form is not
reusable –it will be empty (not contain any data) if it is used in any other
screen.>>

It seems that the Hotwax System contribution policy has changed and this is no
longer maintained by them (was mostly Pranay).

Pranay, HS team, could you please confirm this tutorial is no longer maintained
by you and if we should rather link a page on HS blog?

Of course I'm not thinking about only the point Adrian outlined, but in general.

Thanks