Thanks Sharan! The link you provided doesn't work. I think this is the page you were referring to:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Potential+Framework+Project+for+the+Foundation+Sub+Component

Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software
www.sandglass-software.com

On 10/31/2015 2:36 AM, Sharan-F wrote:
Hi Everyone

Thanks for all the feedback, comments and ideas we’ve had so far.  Based on
that I think that we need to tighten up the scope so that we don’t try to do
everything at once.

Thank you, Adrian for doing the diagram. I think this is a good way to see
the big picture.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Potential+Framework+Sub+Project

I think it is very important to highlight that the scope of this current
subproject is *only the ‘foundation’ *part of the framework.  If after the
foundation has been implemented the community wants to continue then we can
plan and implement the other pieces as the next steps.

Watching the video about API design, the key recommendation was that APIs
should be simple, generic and agnostic. So what does that mean for us? I
think it means we need to step back from ‘OFBiz’ during this particular
analysis and design phase because we need to keep it simple. What I mean is
that we need to imagine that we want to write these foundation APIs for a
system that isn’t OFBiz. (Interesting thought – right?:-) So what could we
put in place to make it generic enough to work with or without OFBiz?

So at this foundation level – I think it’s important that we don’t have any
pre-conceived ideas about the scripting language, the business logic, the
data model or even the applications that will use it because all of these
are implemented in the levels above the foundation and not within the
foundation itself.

I really think a minimalist approach with the foundation APIs is where we
need to start, then once we have then, we can then continue on to build the
implementation of our OFBiz specific requirements on top of it.

Thanks
Sharan