Hello,
Although it has been in discussion under various threads let's give it another
chance to close.
We noticed the following concerns before we get into making standard date
format across application-Java or GroovyTimestamp.valueOf : it takes only
yyyy-[m]m-[d]d hh:mm:ss[.f...]Using formatter = new
SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.S") with different
formatUtilDateTime.java datetime, date and time format is not
configurable.toString() on Date and Timestamp being used which always returns
yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss.fffffffff format.FTL/XML ?string() being usedtoString also
being usedgetString() being used on GenericValuesformatDateTime() method of
UtilFormatOut.java
To make date format standard we did-Made UtilDateTime.java datetime, date and
time formats configurable (through properties file).Set datetime_format,
time_format and date_format patterns at free marker configuration level.Changed
all hard coded format patterns from  UtilDateTime configured patterns.Removed
following from ftls?string() [ To remove all hard coded patterns of rendering]
toString() getString() to get timestamp valueAdded patterns (not hard coded) to
all formatDateTime() method of UtilFormatOut.java
Total number of files being affected is approximate 62 and total number of
changes is approx 1k.
Do anyone see any concern that is not considered?

Regards,-Visvendra Singh