Sharan,

Actually it's a matter of past and future. Your questions were all oriented
toward future, and that's a good thing.

But I believe we must not forget the past; we need to mix it with future to
hope for a best one.

Some also call the past "technical debt". We all signed up to this debt, and we
need to take care about it.
Pierre for instance regularly post a list of available patches in the user ML
(see my comment about that)...

Jacques