Le 06/08/2016 à 11:47, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :
Oh, sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant java -jar does not improve the
situation because your issue is remote repository.

Our issue :), I agree we need to download the Internet anyway (kidding ;)) .
Note though that if nothing need to be updated (like locally) the cache is OK, so the copyLib task would be also. The problem here is more because with ASF Buildbot we start anew each time.
It's not bad that ASF Buildbot does that, it warns us about possible issues
when using Gradle in such a situation.

Also, as Pierre outlined, there are situations were you can't use Gradle but on dev machines. I experienced that, no servers were allowed to connect to the Internet at all...

So my suggestion instead of copying jars locally (I don't see a lot of
difference because you have to fetch either way) is to keep them remote but
fine-tune the requirements. Right now, OFBiz is pulling waaaay to much! In
a sense OFBiz suffers from library bloat, and this is an area ripe for
improvement I think.

Yes I know, we have still work on the plate...

Jacques

Taher Alkhateeb

On Sat, Aug 6, 2016 at 12:41 PM, Jacques Le Roux <