Hi Jacopo,

To me your email comes across as from a group of OFBiz contributors not
protecting the interest of the ASF (and/or the Apache OFBiz project), but
rather as a means to protect the (personal) interests of several OFBiz PMC
members and other privileged OFBiz contributors (those with only the commit
bit).

This per:

1. several PMC Members (Anil Patel, Ashish Vijaywargiya, Scott Gray, and
you) being employees of (or performing payed work for) of HotWax Systems,
which violates the Apache trademark by owning the top level domain ‘ofbiz.us’
[1] (Us OFBiz) since 2010.
Even worse, both Anil and you are part of the management team of HotWax
(resp. as Chief Operating Officer and Chief Technical Officer)…
2. a PMC Member (Michael Brohl) owning several ‘ofbiz-community’ top level
domains [2] which don’t (re)direct towards ofbiz.apache.org but instead
lures potential OFBiz visitors away to another site, and thereby lessens
the OFBiz experience;
3. another PMC Member (Hans Bakker) owning (or having owned) several top
level domains which don’t (re)direct towards ofbiz.apache.org, but have
(for years) been redirecting traffic towards the website(s) of his company;
4. Another PMC Member and several committers (Nicolas Malin - PMC Member,
Julien Nicolas, Gil Porteseinge) are employees of (or perform payed work
for) Nereide (in France) which owns the domain ‘ofbiz.fr’ [4].

The above disqualifies you and the mentioned PMC members as the guardians
of the interests of the OFBiz project.
In my book, this constitutes a conduct unbecoming an Officer of the ASF (of
you, as VP of the project). And the same (conduct unbecoming a PMC Member)
goes for your fellow PMC Members.

Also, given the fact that the OFBiz trademark is not owned by the project
but by the Apache Software Foundation, the email should not have come from
you at all.

It is my viewpoint that potential ASF trademark infringement cases should
never be handled by the PMC of a project under the umbrella of the ASF. A
project consists of contributors, which may have conflicting interests.
Also, a PMC of an ASF project can’t extend or decrease the regulations of
the higher governing body (the Board).
Having a PMC of a project handling potential trademark infringement cases
(prosecuting, judging, jurying, etc) is like a butcher proofing his own
meat. But, like anybody else, a PMC Member can bring a potential trademark
infringement case forward to the ASF. Where is should be handled by an
office that is independent from the project.

Nevertheless, thank you for bringing this to my attention. You correctly
identified me as the owner of the website and the social media account.
This is, I assume, based on statements made by me in postings sent to the
various (public) mailing lists of the ASF. And, already for quite some
time, my emails (made from my email account at gmail dot com) sport a
reference to the site.

Let me respond to the listed remarks in your email regarding potential
trademark infringements.

1. Use of a stylised version of the Apache Feather logo.

First of all, I don’t use the stylised version of the Apache Feather logo
(past or present).
Neither website nor the social media account use a variant of the OFBiz
logo (past and present).  A variant would something be as displayed [5].

My website and social media account display an image that, in part,
consists of a multi-coloured leaf on a contrasting tile (shaped as an
oval). Combined with the other elements of the image it is an image that
carries enough distinction from the logo of Apache OFBiz for any
independent observer. Furthermore, a part of an logo is not the logo.

2. The site name  ‘OFBiz Extensions Marketplace, The OFBiz Contributors
Initiative.
Thank you for pointing out a typo (Contributors, instead of Contributor’s)
to me.
I will correct the situation. After adjustment the tag line into ‘The
Contributor’s Initiative’ I expect the tagline to be in line with the
trademark requirements of the ASF as I *am* a contributor of the OFBiz
project. The use of the function word 'the' does not imply that I am the
only contributor. There is proof abundant that I am not.

3. and 4. regarding the ‘contributor’ reference.
I will review the data set, and correct where necessary, to ensure that the
correct contributor/provider is referenced.

5. Dislaimer
I will review and adjust the disclaimer (and it's font size), to ensure
that the viewing consumer is aware of the fact that I don’t imply that the
ASF (and thus the Apache OFBiz project) is endorsing/sponsoring/approving
the site and/or any of it content and that it is more prominent visible.

6. About Us section
As far as I can tell, there is no legal obligation to state ownership in
the page. Details of who owns (I, me) can be found through whois functions.

7. Summary OFBIZCI-OEM twitter account
I will adjust the tagline.

[1] see: whois ofbiz.us
[2] see: whois ofbiz-community.biz, whois ofbiz-community.com, whois
ofbiz-community.net, whois ofbiz-community.org, whois ofbiz-community.de
[3] see whois ofbiz.in, whois ofbiz.asia, whois, ofbiz.cloud, whois
ofbiz.info
[4] see: whois ofbiz.fr
[5] http://ofbiz.us

Best regards,