I tend to agree with Jacques in this case. The behavior of /plugins is
identical to the behavior of /hot-deploy. You can put your component here
or there without a problem. So given that /plugins achieves more, which is
automatic control of plugins through the plugins API, I think we should
prefer to have only one way of extending OFBiz functionality.

Hence, my recommendation is to delete /hot-deploy and remove the
component-loading logic affected by that.