Le 13/03/2017 à 15:01, Sharan Foga a écrit :
Hi Everyone

I'm bringing up a topic that has been raised in the past regarding committer
mentoring. [1][2][3].
As project we don't have any on-boarding process to help new committers or support existing ones. Sometimes people assume that by the time you become a committer then you should know how everything works! (and that isn't always the case. )

In the past year with the re-factoring, the framework, plugins, gradle etc we
have a lot of changes happening and people may be a little overwhelmed about
how they can continue to contribute. Getting feedback and sharing knowledge
helps make people more confident in their way of working and contributions, and
the end result is better code which is a great thing for the project.

So I would  like invite all of our committers (and also any interested
contributors) to a Skype call to about mentoring and the support that you can
get from our more experienced project committers. The call will be
approximately 1 hour and will include an opportunity to ask questions.

If you'd like to attend then please add your details, location and timezone to
the table at the bottom of the following wiki page so that I can find a
suitable time for everyone.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Mentors

I really think that mentoring will help empower committers more, standardise
work and coding practices and generally improve our working relationships.

As always, feedback welcome and please don't forget to add your name if you'd
like to attend.

Thanks
Sharan

[1]  https://s.apache.org/FzI0
[2]  https://s.apache.org/60t1
[3]  https://s.apache.org/GWtv

Thanks Sharan,

I have seen ASF members using the convenient
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedform.html I think it can be reused
here

I did not use it for a while, is it technically realistic to have a Skype
conf-call with a large number of people?