something just as a proof of concept :-)

Thanks
Sharan

On 2017-03-14 11:21 (+0200), "Sharan Foga"<sha...@apache.org> wrote:
Hi Everyone

I'd like bring up the topic of running an OFBiz meetup / conference again. It
was one of the things that came up in the discussions in Apachecon Seville.

https://s.apache.org/smos

OFBiz has a strong user base and really appeals to the business community but
many of users and companies don't go to Apachecon because it is seen as a
developer conference.

I think that we need to start engaging more with our user community and a
conference / meetup would help do that. So I'd like to explore the idea (think
of it as a Proof of Concept) of holding an OFBiz conference in India.

Why India? I think that we have a strong user and developer base there. I think
it could be put on very cheaply and I think it could open the door for us as a
project to raise our profile and run other conferences in other locations.

Funding could come through sponsorship. We have a lot of service providers that
we could approach for funding. I know it's still high level but I'd like to get
some initial feedback about the general concept.

What do people think?

Thanks
Sharan