Hello Jacques and team,

We are working on release specific tutorial as well, since we have done
lots from changes in OFBiz from release 15.12 to current trunk (like gradle
and plugin directory structure)

So, we are planning to have following structure

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Tutorial+-+A+Beginners+Development+Guide
will be sync up with the latest trunk (so this will be always *in progress*
document for us)

and for release specific tutorial, we will create child pages under the
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Tutorial+-+A+Beginners+Development+Guide

IMO, this structure will not confuse user and will give an easy entry route
for the new people joining the community.
(Since, we have seen various user are requesting for latest trunk tutorial
and some are also using release branch.
A single tutorial including release and trunk tutorial might confuse the
user)

We would also welcome thoughts from community on this.

Thanks: @Pranay for inputs and continuous support on this.

@Jacques, thanks for help in reviewing, please see my comments inline.

- Best Regards,
Swapnil M Mane
Sr. Enterprise Software Engineer
H <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>otWax Systems

<http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 5:52 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com> wrote:

> Hi Pranay, Tutorial Maintainers :)
>
> Great works guys! I have slightly amended the R16.11 version. I'll
> continue to review...
>
> I see very few differences (only "for 13.07, 14.12 and 15.12" added in
> title and content) between
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+
> Tutorial+-+A+Beginners+Development+Guide and
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+
> Tutorial+-+A+Beginners+Development+Guide+for+13.07%2C+14.12+and+15.12
>
> Why do we have 2 versions?

We are planning to update the https://cwiki.apache.org/confl
uence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Tutorial+-+A+Beginners+Development+Guide as per
the trunk (i.e. commands of gradle and new directory structure we are
following for plugins)