Brian,

Thanks for the info.  I don't have my eclipse setup properly to run that
java file as an application so I will have to try that with some help from
Paul or Chris next week perhaps.  I looked up the regex for Java and the \w
is supposed to be a word character matching alphanumeric and underscore.

I ran my regex against this online tool I found and it seems to be a valid
match.
http://www.regexplanet.com/advanced/java/index.html
Regex:  TES-Aura_L2-CO2-Nadir_r\d{10}\w{2}\d{2}\w\d{2}\.he5

Input:  TES-Aura_L2-CO2-Nadir_r0000002931_F06_08.he5

Thanks for the feedback and help on this.  I have tried so many different
tweaks with backslashes, etc.  I am going to just walk away now and look at
it later.

-Cam