Hi Chris and Brian,

I am reading source codes for handling "Catalog exception" related the
runtime error described below.
org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.structs.exceptions.CatalogException:
Failure writing request
    at
org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.system.XmlRpcFileManagerClient.hasProduct(XmlRpcFileManagerClient.java:606)
    at
org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.ingest.StdIngester.hasProduct(StdIngester.java:284)
    at
org.apache.oodt.cas.pushpull.retrievalsystem.FileRetrievalSystem.isAlreadyInDatabase(FileRetrievalSystem.java:254)
    at
org.apache.oodt.cas.pushpull.retrievalsystem.FileRetrievalSystem.addToDownloadQueue(FileRetrievalSystem.java:463)
    at
org.apache.oodt.cas.pushpull.retrievalmethod.RemoteCrawler.processPropFile(RemoteCrawler.java:138)
    at
org.apache.oodt.cas.pushpull.retrievalsystem.RetrievalSetup.retrieveFiles(RetrievalSetup.java:109)
    at org.apache.oodt.cas.pushpull.daemon.Daemon$1.run(Daemon.java:218)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

I think that the exception was caused by the wrong value of the
parameter productName of the method  hasProduct() in the following
codelet of  XmlRpcFileManagerClient.java:
at
org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.system.XmlRpcFileManagerClient.hasProduct(XmlRpcFileManagerClient.java:606)
public boolean hasProduct(String productName) throws CatalogException {
       Vector<Object> argList = new Vector<Object>();
       argList.add(productName);

       boolean hasProduct = false;

       try {
           hasProduct = ((Boolean) client.execute("filemgr.hasProduct",
                   argList)).booleanValue();
       } catch (XmlRpcException e) {
           throw new CatalogException(e.getMessage());
       } catch (IOException e) {
           throw new CatalogException(e.getMessage());
       }
       return hasProduct;
   }

I inspected that  the element  "mine-type" described below was added
in the file mimestypes.xml  that is  one of pushpull property files.
 <mime-type type="product/tes">
           <_comment>ProductType=MyTesProductType</_comment>
          <glob
pattern="TES-Aura_L2-CO2-Nadir_r\d{10}\w{2}\d{2}\w\d{2}\.he5"
isregex="true"/>
        </mime-type>

I would like to know what the element "mine-type" means.
I am wondering how I can check the value of productName in the
properties of Filemgr and Pushpull.

I am sorry to bother you again.

Thanks,
Yunhee