Hi All,

I'd like to propose a project for GSoC 2013 and request to be considered as
a candidate to work on the project.

The goal would be to implement a JAX-RS option for the CAS-Product
(webapp/fmprod) module of OODT.  This would initially sit alongside the
existing data, RDF and RSS servlets and would offer a more powerful means
for the CAS-Product module to interact with the File Manager.  The
implementation would use Apache CXF, to complement existing JAX-RS
implementations in OODT such as those in PCS and CAS-Curator.

I worked on improvements to the CAS-Product RSS servlets last year for GSoC
2012 (e.g. see refs [1] to [8] below).  As a PMC member and committer for
OODT, I also have experience of submitting patches via JIRA, using Review
Board and committing updates to the repository.  I therefore feel that I
would be a good candidate to work on this project for GSoC 2013.

Ross

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OODT-402
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OODT-449
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OODT-452