Chris, et al,

We briefly had an impromptu discussion about the vast ocean of jars
required by the streaming components, and how to mitigate this effect.

Here is my recommendation:

   -Leave filemgr STREAMING type as-is.
   -Pull all specific streaming implementations into a new top level
project that is not built by default
   -(Optional) put in profiles to standard components' mvn builds that
include streaming components.

I recommend leaving the STREAMING type as is.  This is because this
modification requires no jars, and is a very minimal  change in the
filemanager.  Thus, keeping it has negligible impact, and moving it would
require users to completely replace filemanager code with a streaming
version, not just add-on extra jars.

All of the other modifications (all specific streaming implementations)
were designed to be added on as extension points in OODT.  Therefore, all
of these can be built seperatly when needed and plased in the lib directory
in order to be used.  Thus the ocean of jars would only be included when
desired.

Profiles can be added that build and automatically include these components
if desired.

Any thoughts on this? If not, has a JIRA issue been created or may I create
one?

-Michael