Hi All,

I have a question related to the file staging feature in a PGE Task. Basically,
how are you using this feature and what exactly does it do for you?

Does it just move some files from one place to another?  If so, does the
destination directory have to exist or does it get created?  And, does the
destination directory structure need to be the same as the source directory
structure?

When does the 'staging' take place?  Does it execute before the <exe> section
of the PGE?

Thanks,
Val

P.S. I have read every line of ever file in OODT that contains the word
'staging' and it is still not clear to me what this feature actually does or
how I can configure my PGE config file to use it.   But, I did find some
totally awesome documentation in the curator J  But, it made it sound like the
directory you set up as your 'staging' directory is the directory that files
get ingested from. Whereas, I was under the impression that the directory you
specify as your <output> directory is the directory that files get ingested
from.  So, it was confusing. L  Wonderfully thorough documentation, just
confusing for my case.

Valerie A. Mallder

New Horizons Deputy Mission System Engineer
The Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory
11100 Johns Hopkins Rd (MS 23-282), Laurel, MD 20723
240-228-7846 (Office) 410-504-2233 (Blackberry)