Hi devs,

I'm a final year undergraduate in Computer Science & Engineering of the
University of Moratuwa. I have completed my 6 months internship at WSO2
Lanka (Pvt) Ltd last year. There I got the chance to apply the theoretical
knowledge gained from lectures in practical to some extent. Mainly dealt
with Apache Synapse. Used Apache Kafka and Zookeeper for handling data
streams for that project.

Have some hands-on experience in Java, Python, JavaScript, React JS, Vue JS
by doing several projects based in both academic and non-academic purposes.

I would like to work on Apache OODT related project this summer(GSOC2019)
because contributing to Open Source is the best way to learn the real world
software engineering practices and open source culture.

I went through the Tutorials to get a basic idea about the project and send
a Pull Request[1] adding some modifications to README which will be
intuitive to a new contributor.

So How to get a head start on contributing? Are there any beginner type
issues to solve as a first step to get more familiar to the code base?

I appreciate if someone can guide me. :-)

[1] https://github.com/apache/oodt/pull/90

Thanks and Best Regards,
Gimhana.
--