Hi Tom & Chris,

I was thinking the same. Since we can get some support from the GSoC
students as well, we will be able to get over the line.

@Chris,
If we can get this [1] PR merged to DRAT (there are some conflicts since it
has been there fore over 1 year :-D), DRAT can be released with Avro
support. Our intention was to make Avro the default in OODT 1.9 and make
DRAT 1.0 work with OODT 1.9. I think we can still do that.
What do you think?

[1] https://github.com/apache/drat/pull/130