The coord materialization runnable always does the same task which is
bringing coord jobs eligible for materialization on Oozie server.
So, it shouldn't matter if the one of the task scheduled is lost due to an
error or exception. If only one coord job stops materializing and not
others, I am also thinking that you might be hitting OOZIE-1699. Do you
see that a single job materialization works fine when there is an
Exception but never proceeds when the runnable throws an Error?

Thanks,
Virag