Hi,

By the time of writing, the plugin (http://mashin-io.github.io/oep/) is
receiving 100+ monthly downloads as reported by the Eclipse Marketplace (
https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/oozie-eclipse-plugin) and the blog (
http://blog.oep.mashin.io/) is receiving on average 400+ monthly views
growing to 600+ views last month (October, 2016). The plugin is becoming an
option along with Hue (
https://www.tutorialspoint.com/apache_oozie/apache_oozie_introduction.htm)
especially for Windows and Mac developers. Few people are asking to write
more blog posts about the plugin as if they want to learn Oozie through the
plugin.

I've been encouraged by members from Oozie community to move the project
under the umbrella of ASF as a module in the Apache Oozie project. There it
could flourish with hopefully more developers to get involved as there are
a lot of missing features. I'd like to discuss about the possibility of
moving the plugin to Oozie. I've recently noticed that the
workflowgenerator module has been dropped [OOZIE-2625], would you go for
another tool or prefer not?

To read more about the plugin:
https://dzone.com/articles/oozie-graphical-editor-for-eclipse
https://www.infoq.com/articles/oozie-plugin-eclipse