Hi
I tried to send an e-mail to the list but I think it didn't go through so
I'm sending it again. Sorry if it becomes a duplicate.
Here's the original e-mail:

Hi

I was wondering if somebody knows something about the Oozie workflow action
states (not the workflow job states). These are as follows:

• DONE
• END_MANUAL
• END_RETRY
• ERROR
• FAILED
• KILLED
• OK
• PREP
• RUNNING
• START_MANUAL
• START_RETRY
• USER_RETRY

I'm curious what the individual states mean, especially USER_RETRY, and the
difference between FAILED and ERROR.

I also find it a bit strange that in the test
*org.apache.oozie.command.wf.TestWorkflowActionRetryInfoXCommand.testRetryConsoleUrl()*
 the test action's status changes in the following way:
PREP --> RUNNING --> *DONE* --> USER_RETRY --> RUNNING --> *DONE* ...

Why does it go to DONE? I would think DONE meant the end of the action, but
here it is not that. Could somebody please explain?

Thank you for your help,
Daniel