Hi Oozie development community!

I am looking through documentation for the Oozie High Availability feature
(https://oozie.apache.org/docs/5.1.0/AG_Install.html#High_Availability_HA ) and
I am wondering why we need to set up virtual IP or load balancing for callbacks
from Resource Manager to Oozie? YARN follows a different convention – including
a proxied client that round robins between DNS names configured in a list. Is
there something blocking Oozie from doing the same, or was this decision made
because it also provides users with a single endpoint to hit any of the oozie
servers running?

If there aren’t strong arguments against, I would like to open a JIRA to
implement this. But first, please give me your comments!

Thanks,
Tom