i think nobody works on it now,

in setJdbcUrl we should probably manage more datasource driver or just try a
direct set if we are able to get the url before (i think it was done before
david refactor but it was a bit too raw).

i don't know if i'll match your need but i made resources.xml works with
mysql without any issues, can't it replace your deployer? it is a kind of
light openejb.xml  embeddable in an application (see in webapps examples).

- Romain