I am getting pretty close to the cause in
DeploymentsResolver.loadFromClasspath

UrlSet urlSet = new UrlSet(classLoader);  <-- Contains duplicate urls.

...filter etc.

Still contains duplicate urls with different drive letters after all filters
have been applied.

[62] = {java.util.HashMap$Entry@4579}
jar:file:/D:/OrproVisionServer/openejb/lib/ehcache-core-2.4.6.jar!/ ->
jar:file:/D:/OrproVisionServer/openejb/lib/ehcache-core-2.4.6.jar!/
[63] = {java.util.HashMap$Entry@4570}
jar:file:/d:/OrproVisionServer/openejb/lib/ehcache-core-2.4.6.jar!/ ->
jar:file:/d:/OrproVisionServer/openejb/lib/ehcache-core-2.4.6.jar!/

So duplicate modules are discovered in duplicate jars.
Now no idea why UrlSet would get duplicate urls in the first place? - The
supplied classloader definitely looks fine to me!

The simple solution is to filter out duplicate urls in the urlSet. Probably
in a platform specific manner.