My first shot would be a "dump" 1:1 copy of the original Tomcat WTP
adapter and have it re-branded to call out TomEE instead of Tomcat
where applicable. We could then discuss what kind of additional option
should be present on the adapters editor page. We should as well
discuss later on how to re-distribute such an adapter cause I suppose
the Tomcat adapter is licensed under the EPL. An additional value add
might be adding TomEE specific help pages geared towards Eclipse so
people have the most essential information available within their
Eclipse workbench.

Cheers
Daniel