I've hacked up a new tool to create a task and several subtasks for all the
things that need doing when getting a release out.

Hopefully, this will achieve a few things:

 - get more people involved in releases
 - further document the steps involved in releases
 - get releases out faster with better quality

Take a look:

 - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-283

If you're looking for something to do, dig in! :)

There are fewer things as important as helping get a release out.  The work is
not fun, but it needs to be done.  Helping with these tasks brings a
particularly higher level of respect.

Feel free to ask how to do a particular task.  Ideally all of that conversation
will happen on each of the individual task comments so we can successfully
capture and document all the details.

As well if there are any tasks not listed, let's definitely get them added.  If
you find yourself doing something for a release that should be repeated in
future releases, let's definitely get it added.

Over time hopefully we'll get all our experience in the template:

 -
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/sandbox/release-tools/src/main/resources/release-tasks.xml

With 32 tasks in the list, there are plenty for everyone! :)

-David