On Sep 19, 2012, at 5:14 PM, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO wrote:

>> Digging up the specific details is where most the work is.
>
> David, the issue is to build release notes?
> I guess most of the work (at least crossing fingers) is attached to a fully
> filled and documented Jira, isn't it? ;-)

Wouldn't that be great :)

> Anyway, I can try to extract kinda release notes and go through all Jira
> tomorrow to check whereas I can understand them.
> I pretty sure we have enough things and so many new features to emphasis on
> a new "major" version (ok, that's still a minor, but you know).

Excellent.  If we're going to present it as a larger release, than almost
certainly JAXEnter will want to cover it, possibly InfoQ as well.  We just need
to ask ourselves what do we want them to write about and make sure we have some
announcement text that clearly communicates it.

Maybe some text talking about the JAX-RS distro and maybe 2 other highlights.

I'll send a note to Oracle and see what requirements we might have for adding a
certified distro with JAX-RS.

-David