I am using OpenJPA 1.2.3 on WebSphere with DB2.

I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out if there is a way to build
and bundle my application in a way that allows for the same application
(EAR) to have a changing Schema name based on environment (DEV,ACPT,PROD,
etc).

My PU is setup up to be container managed as follows:

<persistence>
        <persistence-unit name="My_PU" transaction-type="JTA">
                <jta-data-source>jdbc/DataSource</jta-data-source>
                <properties>
                        <property name="openjpa.jdbc.Schema" value="MYSCHEMA"/>
                        <property name="openjpa.TransactionMode"
value="managed"/>
                        <property name="openjpa.ConnectionFactoryMode"
value="managed"/>
                </properties>
        </persistence-unit>
</persistence>

I have looked into putting this in the ORM.xml, but this is still a static
value for the schema, and does not externalize the setting; also, it doesn't
seem to work (I have seen the many threads discussing this). I also, have
looked into putting this configuration into the WebSphere data source; this
does not seem to work either.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

--Keith