I think the more appropriate solution (and in line with the 2.1 spec) would
be to require these types to be listed in the <class> section of the
persistence-unit definition. I *think* the 2.1 spec requires this for
converters. Then perhaps we could remove the requirement of having the
@Persistent annotation?

--
*Rick Curtis*