Hi,

I still try to investigate on my issue OPENJPA-2805
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-2805>
Also I changed my configuration from MySQL/MariaDB to PostgreSQL 12 and
then I faced another trouble. I tried to search for in JIRA but without too
much success and before opening a new one, I would like to report it here
to get your opinion.

In MySQL/MariaDB having a table with only a single generated id column is
working correctly.
The SQL statement generated is "INSERT INTO nodes() VALUES()"
But the same SQL statement is generated also when using PostgreSQL and this
is not correct.

NestedThrowables:
<openjpa-2.4.3-r422266:1833086 fatal store error>
org.apache.openjpa.util.StoreException: ERREUR: erreur de syntaxe sur ou
près de « ) »
  Position : 20 {prepstmnt 991671211 INSERT INTO nodes () VALUES ()}
[code=0, state=42601]
FailedObject: model.Node2@71a9b4c7
at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DBDictionary.narrow(DBDictionary.java:5003)
at
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DBDictionary.newStoreException(DBDictionary.java:4963)
at
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.SQLExceptions.getStore(SQLExceptions.java:133)
at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.SQLExceptions.getStore(SQLExceptions.java:75)
at
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.PreparedStatementManagerImpl.flushAndUpdate(PreparedStatementManagerImpl.java:144)
at
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.BatchingPreparedStatementManagerImpl.flushAndUpdate(BatchingPreparedStatementManagerImpl.java:79)
at
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.PreparedStatementManagerImpl.flushInternal(PreparedStatementManagerImpl.java:100)

It should be "INSERT INTO nodes VALUES(default);" regarding the solution
found here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12336789/in-postgresql-how-do-you-insert-into-a-table-with-only-one-identity-column

Regards,
Patrice