Hi,

The maven plugin does not really depends on javax/jakarta, it depends on
openjpa bundle, by default it brings the javax flavor but if you override
it, maven will prefer this one and all works.
In terms of support, we support current releases, in the future (openjpa 4)
we'll get a native jakarta version so the classifier and the dependency
need will disappear.

Romain Manni-Bucau