Hi
  I was going through the Apache GSOC 2014 ideas and came across the
recurrence event support. In order to get more information, I had gone
through open meeting homepage and got an overall idea of the purpose of the
application.
     I had gone through several repeating events support in different
applications. I was very much inspired by the repeating event support in
the Outlook Calendar. The creation of events in Outlook and OpenMeeting
look pretty similar which i had seen in the screenshots of the Calendar of
OpenMeeting.
   But I think in Outllook we need to specify that it is a recurrence event
before creating one as it is a separate dedicated feature . Hence we could
differ in this aspect by giving the user an  option of making any event he
creates a repeating event at the time of event creation itself. Also if he
forgot to make the event repeating at time of creation we can further give
an option of  add/create a repeating event , here add meaning converting an
already existing event into recurring and create meaning to create a new
recurring event altogether.
   I have been browsing the net about openMeeting and have got an ovverall
idea. But i think to proceed further in order to contribute to the project
I would need assistance. Hence I kindly request you to guide me through the
project.
   About myself : I am currently in my final year of Computer Science from
BITS Pilani, ranked among top 6 colleges in India. I am currently pursuing
an internship at Consilium Inc. which develops products in the field of
Unified Communications. Through my work over here I have gained experience
to work on .NET framework. I have been assigned their product Uni-Agent.
Hence I have a good developer experience and not a freshly graduating
student with only academic projects.
    I would be eagerly looking forward to your reply and towards you
assistance in getting a better understanding of the project.

Thank You
J.Bharath