Actually install from branch and install release differs:
1) release gets additional testing
    1. by developers before cutting release
    2. by community while voting
2) release is sort of "complete" if you will look at issues fixed, and
features implemented
3) web-start app is signed

I would vote for release "as is" due to currently both development and
"security release" are stalled :(

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax