Hi,

I noticed that in the OpenNLP SVM 'trunk', the formerly deprecated
constructors for the class *NameFinderME*:

*public NameFinderME(TokenNameFinderModel model, AdaptiveFeatureGenerator
generator, int beamSize, SequenceValidator<String> sequenceValidator);*

and

*public NameFinderME(TokenNameFinderModel model, AdaptiveFeatureGenerator
generator, int beamSize)*

have been removed, along with

*public NameFinderME(TokenNameFinderModel model, int beamSize)*

The deprecation comments said:

@deprecated the beam size is now configured during training time in the
trainer parameter file via beamSearch.beamSize

and

@deprecated Use {@link #NameFinderME(TokenNameFinderModel)} instead and use
the {@link TokenNameFinderFactory} to configure it.

I wanted to point out a few potential problems:

1.  The corresponding train methods have not been removed.  So, it is
possible to train a NameFinderME using a *custom* AdaptiveFeatureGenerator
class to do feature engineering, but once a model has been so trained,
there is no way to load and use the stored model with the same
AdaptiveFeatureGenerator.

2.  There is still no documentation on the TokenNameFinderFactory which is
supposed to replace the constructor with the AdaptiveFeatureGenerator.

3.  I went over the code of TokenNameFinderFactory and a few places where
it is used and it seemed to be designed for working with an XML
specification of feature combinations.  I have also in the references
included a mailing list conversation that says this class should be used
with an XML file.  However, it turns out that custom feature sets for
sequential classification are often important, so might we be dropping
valuable feature engineering support?

Finally, in light of the above, could we keep the deprecated constructors
around until the alternative constructor (using TokenNameFinderFactory)
enters into production, and examples and documentation for it become widely
available?