Hi Damiano,
   In general this is a difficult problem (making n-grams from unigrams).  Have
you considered using RegEx to find your dates/phone numbers etc. and protecting
them from the tokenizer (i.e. replacing the white space with printable (though
possible not an alphanumeric character like an underscore)?
Daniel